The world is witnessing how contact tracing is a powerful tool in the fight against the spread of COVID-19. Some industries, such as cannabis production are highly regulated and require traceability to ensure quality and safe products that consumers can trust and eliminate black market activity.
Agriculture and Livestock
Agricultural and livestock tracing is essential to preventing large outbreaks of disease and contamination by quickly identifying the source of a common problem, and saving the industry from massive losses and consumers’ adverse and sometimes deadly health effects. For tax compliance programs, traceability coupled with entity resolution, enables governments to classify relationships common between individuals, organisations and properties that were not previously considered linked to each other, to create an accurate account of tax obligations.
Uganda Technology Platform
With the RippleNami Uganda technology platform designed explicitly for traceability, this platform can:
- Record inspections, equipment, personnel, and materials at each step for any person/organisation involved throughout the value chain
- Enable unlimited amount of data to be associated with each person/organisation and not suffer from performance degradation
- Provide a comprehensive, but yet a simple, intuitive user interface such as link charts and mapping visualisations that accelerate the decision process
- Determine the source of issues through genealogy investigations in a matter of seconds or minutes
- Add new contributors to the value chain and different workflows without significant modifications to the underlying software infrastructure and database structure
- Easily handle the complexities of combining, splitting, and re-labelling lots/batches that occur across a production line or in logistics transportation
- Take advantage of the latest cloud technology for high availability computing, enterprise reliability, and lowest operational costs